We know collagen is the biggest beauty craze, through supplements and so many beauty products, but definitely for good reason! As we age, we gain in certain areas, such as confidence and self-esteem, but lose in others, collagen sadly is one of them. Collagen is a family of proteins formed by linking amino acids that are the main component of connective tissues, which we know as, skin, bones, tendons, muscles, and ligaments. Our collagen production starts to slow down at the age of 25, which means as we age our skin’s elasticity starts to diminish causing skin to sag and lose its youthful complexion. In the body, collagen is responsible for protecting delicate organ such as our kidneys and strengthen our bone and joints to withstand tension and pressure.
What factors damage our body’s natural collagen?
- Pollution and free radicals
- Sun Exposure
- High sugar consumption
- Unhealthy lifestyle and diet
4 Ways to boost collagen:
- Inner beauty boost - to slow down the body’s aging process, consider eating a diet rich in protein, vitamin C, omega fatty acids and antioxidants such a leafy greens and vegetables, papaya, mixed berries, green tea, cinnamon, essentials oils of basil and oregano. Also consider foods that help reduce inflammation such as bone broth, aloe vera and ginseng.
- Stay hydrated – drinking plenty of water is great for protecting the skin’s barrier from water loss, which keeps the skin looking bright and plump. Avoiding drinking too much caffeine and alcohol, which in fact, speeds up the body’s natural aging process.
- Hyaluronic Acid inside and out – this anti-aging ingredient is so important to boosting the skin’s collagen production, as it is naturally found in the body. Therefore, strengthening your hydration boost will fundamentally improve your collagen production. Our Pure Hyaluronic Serum holds 1000x its weight in water. The water molecules in our serum have been broken down, through our patented technology, for a deep hydration beneath the superficial layer of the skin.
- Wear sun protection every day – unfortunately, sun exposure is the ultimate ager as it breaks down collagen fiber. Bronzed skin is typically followed by wrinkles, and sunspots as a UV exposed dermis, the outermost layer of the skin responsible for supporting the skin’s structure, suffers the effects of photoaging. We suggest thinking twice before lathering up the baby oil and keeping skin forever young for decades in the shade. Look for natural mineral sunscreens that contain zinc oxide for a UV coverage chemical free.
Our Star Collagen Products:
- Collagen Hyaluronic Mask
- Collagen & Kojic Acid Cream
- Bio C Brightening Serum
- Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Reference articles:Photo by Domino